Hcb1 test results....

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My hcb1 test results last year were 56 with no further action required they said.

Usual Muppet docs, all the time your beta cells stay in a state of high glucose they get damaged.
Ever wonder why T2 is seen as progressive chronic ?
Doctors never attack the cause, only the symptom.

This year gone up to 58..

You've possibly won the lottery of life, whatever changes you made was enough to stop progression, amazing potential for future remission I'd say. Well done. But lets get you <48 at least.

maybe metformin isn't working properly

The drugs are often a stop-gap measure until you require more, diet & exercise is the real way to go, especially with a low diagnostic level.

After testing recently realised my bloods do go up & down a lot.

Carbs make your bloods go up & down, have you ever researched low carb & understand it's not just sugar ?
Bread, pasta, rice, fruit, potatoes need to go on the naughty list.

You have a meter, maybe a CGM would be worthwhile purchase.
You are in a zone where could reign this in, I will hope to see your update soon

Carbon

Usual Muppet docs, all the time your beta cells stay in a state of high glucose they get damaged.
Ever wonder why T2 is seen as progressive chronic ?
Doctors never attack the cause, only the symptom.

You've possibly won the lottery of life, whatever changes you made was enough to stop progression, amazing potential for future remission I'd say. Well done. But lets get you <48 at least.

The drugs are often a stop-gap measure until you require more, diet & exercise is the real way to go, especially with a low diagnostic level.

Carbs make your bloods go up & down, have you ever researched low carb & understand it's not just sugar ?
Bread, pasta, rice, fruit, potatoes need to go on the naughty list.

You have a meter, maybe a CGM would be worthwhile purchase.
You are in a zone where could reign this in, I will hope to see your update soon
Hello, slight update.... cut out bread now & eating rivita which is only 7g of carbs each slice... I have two, cut out cereal too.
Pleased with myself, before lunch bloods were 5.3 no idea about after food as I was in work !
But before my tea my bloods were 5.8 so must be doing something right... cut out crisps too... tea was chicken breast with broccoli & cheese... chicken cooked with garlick.
Found in Tesco's lentil curls which are lower in sugars & carbs.
A friend said I shouldn't stop statins & should ask gp, just said I will tell gp... not ask.

Carbon

You can get low carb bread and wraps. I love the carbzone wraps. Only 4g of carbs and make a quick lunch
Hi really pleased with myself so far... cutting out carbs seems to be working. Before lunch today I was 5.3 so guess that's good. ?
I actually like the rivita & am enjoying eating them, they are low carb but thanks will look out for carbzone wraps too.
Found lentil curls in Tesco's which are low in carbs too & sugars.

Carbon

Thank you all good advice, I started this morning with two rivita with pumpkin seeds & some emmental cheese... will try & see how it works for me.... although stressed out this week as looking after my Mum who has alzhiemers & vascular dementia
Am having success I feel today.. got more test strips today & before lunch I was at 5.3 & before my tea was 5.8 so not bad...
Cut out cereal in mornings & am having rivita instead of bread for lunch.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, slight update.... cut out bread now & eating rivita which is only 7g of carbs each slice... I have two, cut out cereal too.
Pleased with myself, before lunch bloods were 5.3 no idea about after food as I was in work !
But before my tea my bloods were 5.8 so must be doing something right... cut out crisps too... tea was chicken breast with broccoli & cheese... chicken cooked with garlick.
Found in Tesco's lentil curls which are lower in sugars & carbs.
A friend said I shouldn't stop statins & should ask gp, just said I will tell gp... not ask.

Now you are motoring.
With BGs like that your next A1c will be in the non-diabetic range & only getting better.
Keep it up.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Well done @Carbon, small changes can have a big impact on your health. Keep looking for those lower carb options and as Ronancastled said your next HbA1c could easily be in the non diabetic range.