Headaches

Tony 1711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, I am a T2 and not on any medication, diet control only. I have been on a low carb diet for a few days but have noticed that recently I am getting a mild headache first thing in the mornings, any thoughts ?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you having extra salt? If you aren't eating processed food then salt intake can suffer and we need salt..

Tony 1711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the quick reply, no, no extra salt, in fact I have been cutting down on salt, maybe I need to re-think that.

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
If you have just started low carb, you have probably noticed that you are having to go to the toilet more? This is because carbs help the body hold onto water, you are probably a bit dehydrated - think hangover without the pleasure! More sodium in the form of ordinary table salt will help. If it doesn't, you might try a bone broth to give you more minerals. Home made is best but Bovril will do at a pinch. I wonder about the value of the low salt campaign, which is resulting in almost tasteless food products. Maybe by concentrating on getting to people to cut down on carbohydrate, we could have the taste back in bought foods.

Tony 1711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes noticed having to go to the toilet more often, and I will try adding a touch more salt to my food.