headaches

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
Hi, new here!

I have started suffering from headaches that are at the front of my head, they appear to have started when i attempted to change the time of taking my Lantus insulin. have had a number, usually now last 3 days then go.

has anyone suffered any that are conected to Lantus? my blood levels have no bearing

many thanks in anticipation

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Ewan and welcome to the forum :) There are many users of Lantus here and someone will soon be along to answer you. In the meantime, there is a long thread on Lantus that you might like to look at - maybe that might answer your question:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2797

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
i personally havent but many people on here have had many problems with lantus :?

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ewan,

How long have you had type 1? When I was diagnosed I had terrible headaches on and off for about 2 months, I guess I was getting used to my blood sugar returning to normal.

Jessie.

nilemthakrar

Hi Ewan

My daughter is T2 and was suffering headache everyday as well mood swings with Lantus. She has been on it for last 4 years, and recently she got fed up and stopped taking Lantus. I saw the difference in her mood. She was herself again and the headaches had gone, and this is when I realised she had stopped taking her Lantus. Last week I went to the hospital to discuss this with her consultant, and explained about her headaches and mood swings with the Lantus. I went well prepared with the copies of this forum on Lantus (with others suffering similar way), but I didn't even have to show them. As soon as I explained the situation, they said they will write to her gp and change her insulin from Lantus to Levemir.
She has got an appt with her local diabetic nurse on 04/02/11 to start on Levemir.
She is also on novorapd (fa).
Hope this helps answer your query.

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
Thanks all for your reply's, i think i'm type 1, i went form aged 13 ubti 40 something on a pork insulin, life was great, then ?4 years ago they withdrew my insulin and i was prescribed another, this was fine for a number of years, then i kept having hypo's during the night so i was put on lantus ? a year ago, at first best thing since sliced bread!! then things have started to go a bit pear shaped, i am sort of okay on lantus,but it seems to peak around 4pm need sugar! but only if i have 4units of fast acting at lunch, which i seem to need.

but have suffered various odd medical probs, I awok one morning about 3 years ago and thought my life was over, pins and needles in legs arms and hands, Dr put down to neuropathy, slowly it went and was left with pins and needles just in hands, now only get at times (take vit B and changed statins, seemed to have worked) interesting reading another thread that stated they suffered from 'wind' probs since being on lantus, which i do, but also sought of told a symptom of a hernia, but maybe not! however i tried to change my jab from mornings to evenings to get over the 4pm peak. since then i suffered 2 really bad head aches, then i have managed to lie in on the weekends and taken my lantus an hour later, on these occassions i have suffered bad headaches for days after, i thought they may have been stress related but happend when i was'nt stressed ?
So??

thank you Nilemthala.... Mum of 2, i take note, may ask to change

sorry for long post, must say this is a brill forum, have been on insuli since 14 now 52 never really talked to a fellow diabetic

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can still get animal insulin, so you can probably be switched back to this, I can't see why they wouldn't let you. I imagine its cheaper for the NHS too?