Hearing Problems?

jacquirs

Dislikes
being ill/not being in control
Hi experts

anyone had symptoms related to hearing? the day after i began Metformin i started with what seemed like cold symptoms, ringing in the ears, everything sounds amplified (you know that flu feeling of your head being banged in a bucket?) but 2 weeks later no cold!

saw the doc last week (grumpy so & so) and he said no infection, ear drum appeared ok come back if persists

it may be an imbalance in my ears as i notice after prolonged travelling it is worse and less of a prob if i have been asleep

just wondered if this is just something i have to work through or whether it might be related to the meds i am taking (also on 10mg Ramipril but they have not bothered me before)

any ideas?

thanks Jacqui

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Jacqui checked the BNF but did not see any ear symptoms listed for either Metformin or Ramipril.

jacquirs

Dislikes
thanks the ramipril can give tinnitus like symptoms but i think would have had before now

it will either go away by itself or i will want to take my head off in which case i will go back to the doc

thanks for looking

Jacqui

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
cant really help but i know how u feel, ive had severe tinnitus and dizziness for 5mths now and its soo annoying isnt it? :?

Trinkwasser

Taking anything else?

I used to get bursts of tinnitus from a combination of seroxat and caffeine. These days I seem to be becoming more sensitive to aspirin and other NSAIDS, even ibuprofen ointment applied to my shoulder was causing hissle and shash which I was previously only getting from oral administration

jacquirs

Dislikes
hi

i occasionally have a headache pill or have been taking some cold relief thinking i am getting one but nothing else

Totsy are you taking meds that may be affecting you? (being nosey to see if we are similar)

today i have had to increase the metformin (2x 500g per day after first 2 weeks says doc) and had to come home at lunch as felt quite sick and also just not right the amplifier in the head is still there as well

want to get to the bottom of it but will see over christmas if it improves or not

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
no im not lol
im undergoing tests at mo :D