Type 2 Heat

Jenmy

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.
I'm type 2 and controlled with a low carb diet only and my glucose levels are normally good but in the hot weather they are up even if I don't eat much.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.
I'm type 2 and controlled with a low carb diet only and my glucose levels are normally good but in the hot weather they are up even if I don't eat much.

Hi Jenmy - Some people find their numbers go up a bit in the heat, and ther find they drop a bit. There's no hard and fast rule.

One thing I would say though, is to make surer you are taking on board enough fluids, as dehydration can lead to elevated numbers.

Jenmy

Hi Jenmy - Some people find their numbers go up a bit in the heat, and ther find they drop a bit. There's no hard and fast rule.

One thing I would say though, is to make surer you are taking on board enough fluids, as dehydration can lead to elevated numbers.

Thanks I think I was a bit dehydrated today but still getting higher readings after plenty of fluids
Guess it's just something I'll have to put up with when it's hot.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks I think I was a bit dehydrated today but still getting higher readings after plenty of fluids
Guess it's just something I'll have to put up with when it's hot.

I'd suggest you drink more whether or not you feel thirsty - certainly whilst it's hot. Once we feel thirsty, we're already a bit dehydrated.

dipsydo

We are all likely to have our own reaction to stress and I believe that the recent heat is quite stressful. I was in Thailand recently and coped with the heat and blood sugars were fine . I think this was because I was in air conditioned accommodation so no trouble sleeping and I was swimming everyday . However back in the UK with no air conditioning my bs have been generally higher although I have been keeping hydrated . For me I think that restless sleeping and also the fact that it has been too hot for me to walk could be the reasons for higher bs. I have tried a fan but then the noise keeps me awake so I have decided not to stress about blood sugars and wait for some more normal times to see if I revert to normal . I am sure that I will be moaning about the rain when it comes!

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I have Sports Day tomorrow, I wasn't really TOO interested, I want to keep fit, so I am going. I am excited for it regardless as I like Sports Day. I have a large bottle of water being cooled in the fridge and I should have a nice cold bottle. Of course it will get warmer because of the heat. :angelic: At least I am having water and not nothing all day..

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have Sports Day tomorrow, I wasn't really TOO interested, I want to keep fit, so I am going. I am excited for it regardless as I like Sports Day. I have a large bottle of water being cooled in the fridge and I should have a nice cold bottle. Of course it will get warmer because of the heat. At least I am having water and not nothing all day..