hello all

squirrel50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
went for my fasting blood test today ,when i eventually got into the nurse she proceeded to have a gossip with a colleage then after i said i feel very weak she said oh i cant see on screen that a fasting blood was requested,,i lost my rag a bit...told her fine i will go home and can you explain then to the doc why you didnt do it...she did the test and i said can you tell me my haci number from the hosp as it would be on screen she said its 7.0 but that means nothing to me as i know nothing about diabetes,,,i was dumbstruck i an tell you..ive tried to change surgerys but theres a rule round here you have to be at the nearest to your house..also have waited three months for appointment at retinography when i quest this she said well theyre moving buildings so there will be delay..then the colleague came back in and they were taking the mick out of old people they had to visit that morning...im thinking i should report this but prob be waste of time..i hope they dont work there when im old and need a visit..also doc has lowered the glycazide dose and feel better ..still low carbing as it works for me.yea

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
Well, that all feels very unprofessional.

Your HbA1c, 7%, is slap bang in the middle of the NHS target (6.5% to 7.5%), so congratulations. Hopefully the one you had today will show an improvement. UKPDS shows that the lower we get our HbA1c the better our chances of not developing diabetes related conditions.

If you feel poorly treated by your practice contact your local PALs and write to your PCTs complaints section.

Regards, Tubs.

squirrel50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
thanks tubs i will follow that advice..i think somethings wrong as when i had my pre op check in nov the hosp rang me and told me my haic was 17 and i saw for myselfon the screen it was 7 so my op was postponed for nothing im not happy i can tell you