Hello Everyone

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't eat meat so find the LCHF diet (diet doctor web site) too difficult and I hate coconut and almond flour which everything seemed to be made from!
i don't eat meat or poultry, but i do eat fish, so that makes a lchf dier a little easier to manage. but i have vegan weeks, and i find tofu with onions, peppers, mushrooms and spinach works a treat. i also eat hummus and lentils, though in moderation, as they do push things up a little, but that doesn't seem to make a difference over a few months or so. when i'm not being vegan i do drink milk, but only occasionally added to tea or coffee, or when i have the odd luxurious cappuccino.

Reactions: Prem51

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Karen - a fellow newbie here! I found this website amazing and so good for information and encouragement from everyone. I can't post the link yet but if you look at the Low-carb food list thread, there is a really good food list that I was searching for and which bulkbiker kindly provided. The list has helped me get over the 'what on earth can I eat' panic! There is a lot to learn as oh_dear_me says, and your head will spin (mine did), but the best thing I've found is to not try to take on too much information at once. Also, there are some brilliant recipes out there, including cracker substitutes which might be good for replacing the Vita-Weat. Nil desperandum!

Reactions: Prem51