Hello Everyone

Lickthelid

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi,

I’ve recently been diagnosed as ‘prediabetic’ after spending 7 months of my pregnancy with gestational diabetes. I controlled it during pregnancy with diet alone. I ignored the nhs diet advice and found a fab supportive website and Facebook group that helped so much. It was an educational journey and I learnt a lot about food. I couldn’t eat a slice of brown bread, but throw some avocado or some eggs on top and I’d be fine. Throughout my pregnancy I followed a higher fat/protein diet and low carb and got to the end with no weight gain and a healthy baby boy.

Fast forward 6 months I’m shocked to have a pre diabetic reading after my blood test. But I’m trying to remain positive. I’m fit, healthy, exercise and eat well. So I’m hoping small changes can get me into the normal range. I have another blood test in 3 months.

Just trying to re educate myself after a long boring talk with the nhs dietician about a low fat diet......

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well you know what works so I would suggest ...just do it!
NHS dietician.. luckily I have never seen one .. there might have been blood.. had enough rows with the GP and Diabetes Nurse..