Hello Everyone

Rusty650

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya
I''m Rusty650 who has been diagnosed since 2003 with type 1 diabetes. I was diagnosed following a routine eye test with a cataract in each eye.

I've since had the cataracts removed and replaced with the Human Optics "Accommodative IOL's". No more Fog !! Everything's now clear once again !!

I have been a user of Lantus and Novo rapid since diagnosis, but recently made the change to Levermir, which I have to say is the best thing I ever did, with regards my overall well being. Lantus just didn't suit me....but took me flippin 7 years to realise this !!

I have had background retinopathy for a couple of years, which has recently progressed to Maculopathy, so I have decided to pursue pump therapy, but I know I have a got a long road ahead of me to try and build a case for this, but I'll try and see what happens.

Especially interested to hear from anybody in the Derbyshire area who has successfully obtained funding for a pump and their related experiences.

I used to have very good control, but the last 2yrs has been erratic and I suffer with the dreaded "Dawn phenomena" which I have began to finally come to the conclusion, that being on MDI therapy, there is no real way of effectively managing this without an insulin pump.

Once again any advice from anyone being in similar position would be most welcome

paula1974

Welcome to the forum :D
Unfortunately I am not in your position. Im sure someone who is will be along soon.
Take care
Paula :)