Approved Hello forum members!

scottvirgogp

I am a student from Loughborough University sitting industrial design and technology, within this course we have to undertake several design and research tasks. One of which is a brief set from the RSA, as part of this task we have to undertake research both primary and secondary, of the user task and environment. The brief:

" Empower people who live with long term, lifestyle related health conditions to take a greater role in managing their own care."

I have decided that it is a very interesting and valid topic to focus on the management of type 2 diabetes, initiated as my father is type 2 diabetic.

I am not sure of the process, but I would be very interested in peoples feedback with regards to my research and to see whether people would be interested in helping me with this research, I would like to make the research as valid as possible but can't do that when the only person I know with Type 2 is my Dad.

Thanks
Scott

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Scott, I am local to you so if you would like to talk to me perhaps I could help.

scottvirgogp

Hello Carol that would be brilliant, I am unsure of how to get in touch on here...

Tomorrow I will post more information on the project as well to give it some more context.

Thanks

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unless I read it wrong, the brief sounds a bit condescending. On this forum you'll find that the majority already feel empowered to take a greater role in managing their care.

Your professor sounds like an a**. Either way, that's not your fault and it's good to have you here.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello Carol that would be brilliant, I am unsure of how to get in touch on here...
You can send a Private Message if you click on the envelope icon at top right corner.

I might be interested in this too, if you could give more information on what you want to know.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be great if you could post a bit more info about it as it sounds like it could be quite interesting.