Hello From a Newbie

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think what Pipp means by many of us is almost all of us.
Thanks, this is too difficult,
I was being cautious just in case anyone should object to me speaking for them. I would take issue with that myself.
It took me years to realise that by following the 'healthy carbs' advice I was doing more damage to myself. If others want to agree with me, (or disagree) that is fine by me.

Reactions: 4 people

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Check out Blood sugar 101 google it. You will have your eyes opened. :)

Basic idea is that carbohydrate is basically sugar in disguise.

As soon as you eat ANY carb your blood glucose will go up, ie, your blood sugar.

Insulin brings it back down by allowing your cells to use the glucose for energy or by saving it as FAT.

The problem is that your body is either not producing enough insulin or your cells are resistant to the insulin - thats diabetes.

the method - stop eating things that raise your blood glucose - carbs!

Protein and fat are fine, good even. :)

Reactions: 4 people

kirzle

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, thank you for all your replies, I really am confused! Will re think everything and hopefully when I next post, I will have a monitor and a greater understanding! :) have a great day everyone.

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, thank you for all your replies, I really am confused! Will re think everything and hopefully when I next post, I will have a monitor and a greater understanding! :) have a great day everyone.
It is connfusing.
Hope we haven't confused you more.
I suggest that you take time, read info on the forum, and be wary about the standard NHS advice of carbs with every meal.
Best of luck
Pipp