Hello

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, I've decided to check this site out as I'm not certain what kind of Diabetes I have as the doctor said I could be a type 1 or a type 2, he isn't sure.

Anyway, I'm just introducing myself here and gonna try to learn a bit more about diabetes.

Reactions: Guzzler

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Welcome.
You'll learn lots on here and there's plenty of support and advice if you feel the need.
@daisy will be along soon I'm sure to give you some initial information.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the group. The diet advice here is mostly for T2's and is peoples own choice to follow... it is not the NHS guidelines.. It is probably different to what you doctor or nurse will tell you but it will be up to you what you do. If you are T1 then you will be able to get advice from other T1's here..Before you make any changes you need to wait to see what type you are

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As alluded to already, wait until you get an official diagnosis. Although both conditions sound similar they are not.
Ongoing treatment for either condition is very different.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

This is an excellent forum for all the help and advice you need. The main website www.diabetes.co.uk is a wealth of information about all types of diabetes. It is so packed full of information it is quite difficult to find it all, but if you follow all the links and have a week to spare, you will find it. It is invaluable.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
welcome. could you tell us a little more about your blood tests. age ect.