Hello

Happyhomelands

Please excuse my lack of a hello paragraph so far. I have been using the forum since January but was still too confused to meet and greet. I have been waiting for my GP to confirm a type 2 diagnosis from the practice nurse. I had gestational diabetes 17 years ago and had a diagnosis of pre diabetes in 2013 following glucose tolerance tests. All ignored by me as I genuinely believed that I didn't have a problem.
As a UK primary teacher in a small school undergoing constant change of leadership I was working far too many hours and under considerable stress. Teachers will be familiar of the optomistic comments to family, it's only short term, next week I won't need to.. . Add to the mix life threatening illness of a family member and another with dementia. I gave up my job at the end of December to take stock and look for a part time job. My eyes were hurting and I had lots of worrying symptoms.
So glad I stopped working, I was able to check my BP, no surprise that it was high. I dug out my old glucose monitor, readings about 8 give or take. Popped in to see the practice nurse, she ordered a HBa1c which was 50, so she said I was now type 2 and should make an appointment with the GP. I have been learning what I can from this forum ever since.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You are in good company. As you know!

Welcome.
I feel i know you a little already! You are doing well in friday weigh-in.
It's great to see your hello!

Are you looking for some like minded people or is something worrying you?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome (better late than never). Life and work certainly can get in the way when it comes to personal health and happiness but you seem to have taken a positive step by giving up a stressful job and deciding on your priorities. Well done and here's to a happier and healthier future!