Hello

CS80

Hello. I am a type 2 diabetic, diagnosed nearly two years ago. I was diagnosed as a result of numbness in my feet. My glucose levels were high-teens, and I also had very high lipid levels- my cholesterol was 25!! It is hereditary in my case (you couldn't keep up these levels if you tried!). My cholesterol is down to about normal now thanks to tons of statins and omega 3 every day. I cannot however control my glucose- it almost never goes below 10- and I take 4 Metformin 500mg tablets per day. The point is I have sort of given-up caring. I know this is probably stupid but I don't know how else to put it- it is the truth. I always liked to drink- I cut it right down but sod it- I'm not giving it up completely, I do it once a week and I eat fructose chocolate too occasionally. This whole thing makes me so bloody angry, sometimes I just think ****** it, I'm just going to blank it and carry on as if I didn't have it and that is what I have been doing lately. Sorry if that seems negative but I can't see it any other way at the moment. I wish I had the patience and good grace many others here seem to have.

C B

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum CB .We've all been where you are now ,and yes this forum has helped a lot of us get our diabetes under control.What sort of eating plan do you follow? maybe if you read round the forum you will pick up info on the kinds of diets others on here follow successfully and are able to maintain good control over their diabetes.

CS80

Hello, thanks for such a quick reply and your kind words. I try to eat properly, but I travel a lot for my business (sometimes 2000 miles+ per week) and this does tend to disrupt my attempts to eat sensibly. The silly thing is that when they first diagnosed me it didn't bother me (nothing ever really has) but recently I think I have gone off the rails a bit. My friends and family have become concerned recently, and this has made me start to think- that's why I found this forum. I guess there are loads of people with this, and a lot who are much worse-off in many ways.

Cliff

CalicoBec

Hi Cliff,

Welcome to the forum :) Sue gave you some excellent advice there, have a look around and see if there is anything new to learn that could help you.

Becca

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Cliff,
You made a positive step in joining us, we all go off the rails at times and you can share your troubles here.

Regards Graham

CS80

Hello Graham, thanks for your reply- it is nice to know I'm not the only one who has these 'sod it' moments! :D