Hello

Teigngrace

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
This is my first visit to the website and looking forward to help with my diabetes and some advice as well. I have been taking Nova- mix 30 which has been great at bringing sugar levels down but in a very short time I have put on weight, not so good! Today my doctor has put me on Laraglutide which should help, but I have heard this can make you very sick so much so that you are unable to stay in the kitchen while cooking. I am anxious as I still have family to feed and dont want to spend all my days in the bathroom! Can anyone advise or share their experiences. Thank you

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Teigngrace, and welcome to the forums. :)

I'm also T2 and on Novamix30. Insulin and insulin resistance definitely makes losing weight more difficult. However, I've been able to shed about 8kg (18 lb) while on the Novamix by adopting a very low carbohydrate (LCHF) diet.

Please take a look over low carb diet forum - http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/low-carb-diet-forum.18/ -, it definitely could help you. It might seem weird at first, especially the high fat part, but it really does work by lowering your insulin requirements.

Take a look at the following video to help understand why your insulin levels, and in particular your insulin resistance, can make it hard for you to lose weight. The idea of LCHF is that it can drastically reduce your insulin requirements (both that which is internally made by your body and that which is externally injected), and that can help you lose weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello and welcome.
Im not on insulin so I cant help you.
But there are lots of people to advise you.