Hello

neilalastair

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the western high carb diet.
I didn't realise that there was a group like this.
About 3 years ago I has a subtotal pancreatectomy due to a number of tumours . I have MEN1 .
Anyway I managed to stave off the creon but am insulin dependant.

I also have neuropathy which came about when my sugars dropped rapidly to good control. Allegedly I was badly controlled for too long before but I didn't know I was diabetic then..

It is good to see some reassuring comments of people doing well here. The more positive information that is out there can only help.

Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: 2 people
M

mrspuddleduck

Hi @neilalastair welcome to our small (but growing) pancreatic diabetics group!! Can I ask, are you a type 1 or 2? Good to have you join us! MrsP xx
Edited to add - I've heard of MEN but don't know much about it, off to have a chat with Mr Google. :)

Ruth_C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @neilalastair, from a fellow MEN1 misfit!

I too had a subtotal-pancreatectomy about 18 years ago and was lucky enough to be left completely symptom free after a long period of hypoglycaemia as a kid... In September 2015, after they found more tumours in my remaining bit of pancreas, the doctors decided the whole heap needed to come out and I've been left insulin dependant and with pancreatic exocrine insufficiency. But I've also found this forum and learned that I'm Type3c and a whole bunch of other stuff too.
I've had 3/4 of my parathyroids out too and take medication to manage a pituitary adenoma, but have to admit that I've never felt better than I do now post-op! Are you managing the MEN1? Did you have a family history or were you diagnosed as a result of investigation?

...sorry to ask so many questions, I guess I'm just super excited to meet someone in a similar position!

Hope you're well!

Ruth.