Helo wAtch

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
A lot of sensible caution here, but I don't think $20 a month would be much of an issue if you didn't have to buy test strips and you got CGM.

Storing the results in the "cloud" (a.k.a. somebody else's server) is not attractive though, because if the firm goes belly up you lose all your functionality and your stored data.

wil1214

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh ok I have an iPhone 7 plus and love it previous Samsung user for years previous to the iPhone
I'll do some google research
Thanks for the mention
Hey Nessa,
Just wondering if you ended up buying or at least trying this new device called Helo for measuring the glucose level. As far as I know, it was supposed to be available by the end of last year, but I cannot find anything about it now.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Wilbert

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Excuse me for jumping in. I had lenghty conversations with Helo back then and as I recall they've only released a simple device for fitness fanatics who want BG indications during and after exercise. This model shows a traffic light signal to shape if you are in range for low, ok and high. Not for diabetics. One with numeric displays is being considered.

HTH