Help advise please

Damonite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just want to see if anyone has been in the same boat as me.. I have had high blood sugars since a got pain in my top right of mouth in my gums and cheek, saw the dentist earlier ong ago she told there is infection with swelling but no pus or temperature so that's OK.
She told me to use cordysl and it will clear up... I said I'm type 1 diabetic bloods been running high she didn't have much to say I don't think she knows about type 1 where as my other dentist did. I kept reassuring myself asking her if she's sure I don't need antibiotics she seems to think I don't.
Maybe it's just me being overly anxious what does everyone think ?
Bloods are high I have to keep doing corrections and upping my novorapid. Well I'm freaked out incase I do need antibiotics.
Anyone else had this before and it cleared up with cordlsy.
Thanks.

Update spoken to a diabetes nurse she said I'm doing everything right increasing dose... my gp is shut now so I can't ring them till tomorrow am she told me to see how it goes...

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I would contact the dentist again and request antibiotics. Maybe say your sleep and eating as well as blood sugars are affected :). Doctors won't generally treat anything that a dentist deals with. I had an ongoing gum boil for months that needed several courses of dental prescribed antibiotics. Even now, several years later it can swell up and make the surrounding teeth uncomfortable. I then have iglu pastilles for a few days until it settles. (Frustrating that they can only be bought online now, the Dentinox gel just doesn't hit the spot)
Hope you get the problem sorted.

PaulCarlin

Hi, both the above; I'm probably in a similar situation (D2, last HbA1c was 41, down from 96 at diagnosis last year). A week or so ago I went to the dentist for some minor work done - all done, no other issues found - but a few days later experienced a lot of pain in a different part of the mouth; torch and mirror showed no obvious problems. However, the usual search on t'net informed me that this is a common bood-sugar problem, so I upped the number of brushings the little chaps get, plus flossing after meals, and paracetemol.
Interestingly, I was warned off mouthwash by the same dentist; apparently leaving a residue of toothpaste in the mouth after brushing helps more. I don't know whether that applies to Corsodyl, mind. I'll try those 'Iglu' pastilles and see whether they make any difference, but for now, paracetemol...