Help and Information

Cobra3164

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello all, I am awaiting my c-peptide result hopefully it will be in tomorrow, temporarily I have been loaned a BG meter to watch my BG levels. I noticed a bout an hour ago that my vision started flickering in and out of focus and recognised that there may be to do with my levels. I took 1 test yesterday and had a reading of 22.3 to make sure I performed the test again and the same reading I then asked my wife if she would allow me to test her and the reading came out at 4.2 within normal readings so I assume the meter is accurate. I have taken my reading today which came out at 22.7 I am watching my carbs and have stopped consuming sugar. My question is given the readings and from the time I noticed the onset of symptoms about 5 weeks ago, I do understand that high readings are causing damage in various parts of my body. When results are returned with my diabetes giving results I have observed and knowing the c-peptide levels will be abnormal, will my GP treat this with urgency and start the necessary medication ASAP as I am getting increasingly worried? I do understand that it does take time for damage to be severe enough to make me ill, but I do not wish to have my body taking this punishment for any period of time.

All my best best

Simon aka Cobra3164

Defren

If you are going to get the results of your C-peptide test tomorrow, I shouldn't worry too much. I sometimes get a bit of blurry vision and my BG is usually never above 6. I also had a retinopathy screen not long ago and my eyes are the same as a none diabetic.

Keep your carbs as low as possible for the rest of today, and see what happens tomorrow. Once you know what is going on, have spoken to your GP and are being treated for the correct type of diabetes, getting a good long term plan in place will be so much easier. One other tip, drink lots of water, it flushes everything through your system so can help lower BG. Also a walk of say 30 minutes will also help. Try not to worry, this time tomorrow you should be a lot clearer about your condition.

Jo.