Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Hi Marie,

I feel a bit uncomfortable trying to advise you here beyond the obvious points (i.e. infections, dawn phenomenon and so on). No one on here can give you specific advice I'm afraid; we're not professionals and we don't know all your medical history. I'm just trying to help you look at areas that could be causing obvious problems.

It's good that you are testing a lot and keeping an eye on this; take all that information with you when you see your doctor; they really are the ones who will be able to give you proper advice.

In your shoes I'd try and reduce the amount of starchy carbs I was eating; which helps level out blood sugars (and means you would take less insulin), but I think you really need to get some specific medical advice; there will be an answer but it won't come directly from here - as no one here is qualified to give that advice.

Best

Dillinger

marie.T1

thank you dillinger for trying to help . i saw my gp on monday he really didnt want to know ! he has passed the buck and said my consultant will have to sort it out!! in the mean time i will try to low carb and keep checking my sugars . im waiting for an appointment with my dsn hopefully will have it soon . thanks again hun :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
marie.T1 said:
i think the dr is really gonna have to help me now done a ketones urine test +++ ketones :(

Hi marie so sorry to read your post, its worrying I know. I have been in the same situation, still am really, my hospital DSN said I was over medivating, hence the lows and then the highs. Reading the first few posts it seems you are taking too much Insulin. I carb count as I have been on a Carb counting course. Weetabix is roughly about 32 carbs, depending on the brand, so I would take just 3 units to cover it. Morning ratio is 1 unit =10 carbs. I am about 56Kilos, so like your self, not big. I am on NovoRapid and Levemir and I just take my Levemir at bedtime, I have never taken it during the day. For someone so small, you seem to be taking a lot of Insulin. Have you tried taking a bit less at meal times to see how you your body is reacting, but obviously keeping check on the BS levels. Also ask your doctor or DSN to get you on a carb counting course, it could help you considerably :D

It's a big eyeopener :eek:

Take care and good luck Best wishes RRB