Help for dealing with depression

Mark-optimistic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

As you all know diabetics have a higher chance of developing depression.

Over the past few months i have been battling with it and I thought I would make this thread for talking about experiences, help and advice.

I thought it would never get better but being on my anti depressants for just over 3 months, I want to tell everyone suffering that it does get better.

Don't be afraid to speak out and get help as it's the first step to recovery. You may feel that there is no light at the end of the tunnel but there is!

Stay strong and contact your Gp if you feel you may be suffering with depression. There Is also good organisations that can arrange counselling and therapy.

All questions and queries are welcome. Keep smiling

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
such a wonderful information to everyone you give here.. <3 so caring and empatic of you thanks
and so great that you yourself is feeling much better already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Maggie/Magpie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Butternut Squash, Cabbage and confrontation.
Hi and welcome.
Glad to hear your recovering from depression and the anti-depressants are working. Best advise you can give is to contact GP and get help. They say it takes twice as long to recover from depression as you are depressed for so the sooner its recognised and treated the better. There is a lot of stigma surrounding mental health and many avoid doing something about it, which just makes it worse so well done for speaking out.
I hope things continue to improve for you.
Maggie