Help.....I'm hungry

MrsGnu

Hi

I've been doing this for 3 weeks now, sticking to 60g of carbs a day. My sugars are now within much better levels (6-8 from 14-22) and I've lost nearly a stone, but still have 3 and 1/2 to lose.

I haven't had a problem with being hungry until the last couple of days but now I could gnaw my arm off. I am drinking a huge cup of hot tea as I type to try and kill it!

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Jo

Shazza

is cold meat not ok to eat? ....... im sorry been on every diet going id eat the toothbrush :D try cup a soups with an extra big mug :D

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
MrsGnu said:
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Jo

Nibbling on carrots works for me............especially when I dip them in a tub of houmous. :)

MrsGnu

Thank you!

I've just been out to buy some cheese, but the hummous is a great idea too, maybe I just need to mix things up a bit!

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Tesco does a nice houmous with lemon, chick peas, lentils and a few other "compliant" foods mixed in. Only 2% sugar per 100g too. :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Ardbeg said:
Tesco does a nice houmous with lemon, chick peas, lentils and a few other "compliant" foods mixed in. Only 2% sugar per 100g too. :D

What is the carb value per 100g, that is the important number.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Mrs Gnu
first of all well done so far. The improvement in BG numbers is terrific.
I have been low carb for a long time now, usually <30 per day and I'm rarely hungry. I would have said until recently "never", but I have had twinges recently. Having thought it through, I wonder if it's down to the extreme cold weather and needing more fuel to keep warm.
I haven't increased my carbs, but I have increased fats a little and am wearing warmer jumpers.
Frustratingly, my weight loss had stopped, the re-started and seems to have stopped again. I seem not to be able to mobilise fat stores very well. i don't make ketones.
But I am over 40 pounds down and 3 to4 clothing sizes smaller. AND mu current fasting levels are in the low to mid 4s.
I snack on nuts, cold meats or cheese.
Hana

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
cugila said:
Ardbeg said:

12.7 of which 2.8 sugars (2%)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Ardbeg said:
cugila said:
Ardbeg said:

12.7 of which 2.8 sugars (2%)

Thanks for that.
12.7g per 100g is highish. Tesco sell some that range fron 4.8g up to around 13.8g per 100g. There are other brands that go up to 18.2g per 100g. Fat is another consideration, some go from 4g of Fat to 31g Fat per 100g. Pays to read the labels carefully. Depends if you are low or high fat devotee !

As we have said here before, forget sugars....they are already included in the total carb value, carbs convert 100% to Glucose....

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Thanks Ken.

Altho' the carbs are ,as you say, highish in this particular one I prefer it as it has lots of other nice compliant ingredients blended in to take the dull blandness off the taste.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
We use Rose Elliot's hummus recipe and add 2 tsps coriander and I tsp cumin to give it a lift -yum! :D