Help: Insurance

scottishkate

Hi everyone,

Help! I'm going on a year long round-the-world trip soon and although I've managed to get travel insurance (which covers my type 1 diabetes) I can't find anyone who will cover my insulin pump should it get damaged/stolen/lost etc. Is anyone familiar with any companies who offer single item insurance away from home? I really can't afford to replace it myself should anything happen to it!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Katie
:)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Contact diabetes UK
their dietary advice may not be very good, but insurance they can usually help with
Hana

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Katie,

Check your home contents insurance. If you have a "fully comprehensive" policy it usually covers all items that you would normally use within the home while you have them away from the home temporarily, for example on holiday. If your policy is not fully comp, phone the insurers and ask how much it would cost to switch the policy to a fully comp one p probably much cheaper that a separate insurance. Failing that you could phone the customer help desk of the pump manufacturer and see if they are aware of how you can get insurance. Their product may be insured by them already to cover breakage.

scottishkate

Thanks guys - I'll give Medtronic a ring and see what they suggest. I don't have home contents insurance as I've just moved back in with my mum for a couple of months before I go :roll:

Katie