Help? Please? Monitors Advice Needed....

Kerri5981

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
I currently use the Glucomen LX 2 quite happily but have always felt that I would like a second one for keeping in my handbag, etc.
Now I have to fly abroad I was looking to get a second one for definite, but preferably with a better case, not essential as I am queen of the "alternative use" lol!
Which brand do people recommend for someone who rarely test for ketones and tests roughly four times a day?
Thanx guys x

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I currently use the Glucomen LX 2 quite happily but have always felt that I would like a second one for keeping in my handbag, etc.
Now I have to fly abroad I was looking to get a second one for definite, but preferably with a better case, not essential as I am queen of the "alternative use" lol!
Which brand do people recommend for someone who rarely test for ketones and tests roughly four times a day?
Thanx guys x

Since no 2 meters will give you the same reading (or at least it's unlikely) we usually suggest that people stick to 1 meter and get used to it. If you're determined to get a second one, (and I do have a spare in the cupboard at home) then the SD Codefree is popular choice because of the low cost of test strips for people who are self financing.

D

Deleted Account

My advice if you require a second spare meter is to make sure it takes the same test strips as your main meter.
There's little worse than finding your main meter has broken or been lost and the strips you have for your spare are past their best before date because you use them so rarely.

Reactions: Dodo

Kerri5981

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
My advice if you require a second spare meter is to make sure it takes the same test strips as your main meter.
There's little worse than finding your main meter has broken or been lost and the strips you have for your spare are past their best before date because you use them so rarely.
thats good advice in the main but I cant find my unit anywhere :(

D

Deleted Account

thats good advice in the main but I cant find my unit anywhere :(
Some strips are used in multiple different meters so you may find another meter that takes the same strips. Looking at the same manufacturer might be a good start.

Kerri5981

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
Some strips are used in multiple different meters so you may find another meter that takes the same strips. Looking at the same manufacturer might be a good start.
Apparently my meter was registered with them but under someone else's email!
Trying to get this sorted because now it seems that my meter is out of date......