1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Help? Please? Monitors Advice Needed....

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Kerri5981, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Kerri5981

Kerri5981 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

I currently use the Glucomen LX 2 quite happily but have always felt that I would like a second one for keeping in my handbag, etc.
    Now I have to fly abroad I was looking to get a second one for definite, but preferably with a better case, not essential as I am queen of the "alternative use" lol!
    Which brand do people recommend for someone who rarely test for ketones and tests roughly four times a day?
    Thanx guys x

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Since no 2 meters will give you the same reading (or at least it's unlikely) we usually suggest that people stick to 1 meter and get used to it. If you're determined to get a second one, (and I do have a spare in the cupboard at home) then the SD Codefree is popular choice because of the low cost of test strips for people who are self financing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

My advice if you require a second spare meter is to make sure it takes the same test strips as your main meter.
    There's little worse than finding your main meter has broken or been lost and the strips you have for your spare are past their best before date because you use them so rarely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kerri5981

thats good advice in the main but I cant find my unit anywhere :(

5. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

Some strips are used in multiple different meters so you may find another meter that takes the same strips. Looking at the same manufacturer might be a good start.

6. Kerri5981

Apparently my meter was registered with them but under someone else's email!
    Trying to get this sorted because now it seems that my meter is out of date......

7. Kerri5981

Well good news for once lol!
    I spoke to their customer services and they are upgrading my unit for FREE!

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook