Help Please

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So last year I managed to get my diabetes under control with diet only , but since Xmas I have suffered with a slipped disc and sciatica, been on lots of medication with have made me put the weight back on and bloods gone back up I have now had surgery on my back and no longer on medication so I am back low carb but I cannot get my blood back down it’s around 10 any help

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Dippydolly,
Sorry to hear of your woes.
I think you need to see your GP or endo dr to discuss options.
Best Wishes !

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Would have to agree with @kitedoc get to see your endo ASAP

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
How long ago was the surgery? That might affect numbers.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Don't forget it takes time for diet and exercise to reduce your BG levels. Are you on a low carb diet and if so how many carbs are you eating each day. We are all different, but I need to keep below 30 gm of carb each day or my BG rises. I do this by eating no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, citrus fruit and get all my carbs from green veg, salads, nuts and seeds. It's pretty restrictive, but I have learned to like my diet and I am now so much healthier in all respects. Oh and I eat all the dairy fat, meat fish and cheese I like and I still lose weight. I hope that is helpful.

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks I am 10 weeks post op but only 5 weeks since I stopped my medication I am trying to move around as much as I can but it’s hard as I cannot move so much after back surgery