help please

pinkpolo121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there. Wonder if anyone can help. I was rold 2 years ago that I was a type 2 diabetic so I lost 11 stone and was then told a year later I was free of my diabetes that I had reversed it (went onto a tv show) so nearly a year off any medicication 3 weeks ago I suffer a DKA and what I thought were boils were abses growing wrong and had to have an emergency op. Now ive been told im type 1 diabetic and injecting 4 times a day. Been told to change my diet but im really struggling as I have a major sweet tooth and type 1 is alot different to type 2. So if you havent disappered after seeing my massive message can you please give me some advice thank you xxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
pinkpolo121 said:
Hi there. Wonder if anyone can help. I was rold 2 years ago that I was a type 2 diabetic so I lost 11 stone and was then told a year later I was free of my diabetes that I had reversed it (went onto a tv show) so nearly a year off any medicication 3 weeks ago I suffer a DKA and what I thought were boils were abses growing wrong and had to have an emergency op. Now ive been told im type 1 diabetic and injecting 4 times a day. Been told to change my diet but im really struggling as I have a major sweet tooth and type 1 is alot different to type 2. So if you havent disappered after seeing my massive message can you please give me some advice thank you xxx

Hello and welcome pinkpolo, gosh what a time you have been having :sick: . Type 2 lost 11 stone, wow that's a fantastic achievement, going on TV, then having an Op and then diagnosed with Type 1 :shock:

I am so sorry to hear of all your awful bad luck, but this forum can be very helpful and supportive. I have had type 1 for 24 years, I have recently found that by reducing my carb intake by just a little( not drastically, I know I couldn't do that) it has helped my blood sugars. As for sweet things, I don't eat many, it is very hard though. Has anyone suggested what you should be eating regarding a healthy diet? It's probably a case of try and see what you can eat and what you enjoy and test afterwards to see if your blood sugar has shot up, usually 2 hours after eating is a good indicator, but different foods do affect people differently. Do what you feel is comfortable for you and then you can 'tweak' your diet if you want to. There are low carb forums on here and you could Google as well if you want to. A member on here has some good recipes that you could try or you post a question on the subject of food and nutrition. Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Take care RRB :)

sophie evans

This is probably on the wrong topic but i would love help on dental advice about having braces fitted i am 14 years old and have only been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for less then a year and my sugar levels are still all over the place.My dentist would like me to have braces,but im not sure as it will restrict my diet and dose any body know the side effect of having braces. E.G. high blood sugar or feeling ill.

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
You will be fine with a brace just avoid hard chewy things and brush after every meal and use floss and mouthwash .your dentist would refer you to a orthodontist who would go through all these things with you before you decided

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App