Help re yoghurt please

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Husband is asking you all if his yoghurt might not be good. Its called Greek Style Natural Yog by Sainsburys.
Carbs 5.3 of which sugars are 5.1. Anybody advise us?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're seeking something which is low carb then this is fine. I'd assume that quantity is per 100g? Whether type 1 or type 2 this is pretty decent.

FYI, forget about the "which sugars part". Just focus on the full carb content.

Grant

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds like it full fat .. It's the full fat one he will want ..

Reactions: 2 people

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes full fat, its 9.1 g fat. But his BS isnt great after a very plain healthy salmon salad and he is wondering if the yoghurt was maybe the reason... looks like no then ! Thanks x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Husband is asking you all if his yoghurt might not be good. Its called Greek Style Natural Yog by Sainsburys.
Carbs 5.3 of which sugars are 5.1. Anybody advise us?

Lidl do a Greek Style Natural Yogurt (brand name Milbona) that is slightly lower in carbs at 3.2g per 100g.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps it might also be worth checking the salad dressing if he used a commercial one - sugar can be high on the list of ingredients in some of them.

Robbity

fumanchu

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I just realised after I posted that the salad he had before the yoghurt was called "sweet & crunchy"! I am so stupid - and it had lots of grated carrot in. Dressing was vinaigrette. Next time I'll get a better kind next time - Costco do a nice Greek salad with feta and olives. We don't have a Lidl anywhere near us so can't check them out Noblehead, but the stuff he is on seems to be ok. Thanks everybody!