Help with driving job role and DDA

Goodomens830

My husband is type 1. He was diagnosed in january, returned to work February. Saw occupational health and told he was fine to return to work. He is a lone worker and it includes driving.

Despite this, he has not been allowed to return to his job. He is now "helping" someone else with their job.

He has been told that there is to be a meeting with head office, about what he can do. I assume this to mean what role. But can they take him off his job under the DDA?? He has good control and is allowed to drive, so surely not?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
My husband is type 1. He was diagnosed in january, returned to work February. Saw occupational health and told he was fine to return to work. He is a lone worker and it includes driving.

Despite this, he has not been allowed to return to his job. He is now "helping" someone else with their job.

He has been told that there is to be a meeting with head office, about what he can do. I assume this to mean what role. But can they take him off his job under the DDA?? He has good control and is allowed to drive, so surely not?

What type of driving does he do at work @Goodomens830 ?

There's a big difference (in the eyes of DVLA) between driving a car and a HGV or a passenger vehicle (PSV.)