Help with hypos please

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
As a T1, I loathe hypos more than anything else about the illness, but if you're using a libre you should be able to add a transmitter (miaomiao) so that it can send alarms to your phone if you go too low. (I have self fund a dexcom and have it set so that it warns me loudly whenever my bg reaches 4.4).

Are your diabetic clinic helping you to make insulin adjustments so as to improve your control?

Good luck.
Oh this sounds great, I will google, thankyou!

Diabetic clinic?... dont got there :)

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree, the timing of the dose before the meal can help...my team advised me (and we are all different so best speak with your nurse) to try 15 mins before eating...to let it start to work a bit, and of over 50g carbs in the meal to split the dose, some before some near the end, that helped me lots!
Plus the other really tricky thing is not to over treat the hypo...soooo hard!, especially when your body’s crying feed me argh what’s going on help sugar more more! Heheh I agree the jam prob better get it up quickly then stop, re test and eat a plain buscuit/apple etc to slow release. Otherwise you yo-yo and that feels pretty rubbish too.
I feel like I’m getting better control then I start to see loads out of range numbers..it’s really difficult at times, seems to be an ever changing thing so don’t worry and keep doing all you can to get on top of it. If you keep hypo lots and can’t see obvs cause like been very active etc then basal may need adjusting done a smidge. Good luck, you can do this! Use the op as a motivator x
Wow never tried splitting the dose, I have read about stacking so didnt but will try this! I really must spend more time here, you are speaking from my mind or at least it feels like it, amazing, thankyou.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
@kaylz91 Hi, replying here because I didnt want to derail other thread, im doing good thankyou, I have to admit to being too dim to understand how to do that test lol, I tried reducing my bedtime dose by 10u to 22u but unfortunately that didnt go so well lol
upload_2020-11-20_18-4-29.jpeg

Im on a mission to eat the same meal each day for the next while and write everything down, see what I can gain from that, no hypos last night so now the question is, should I be happier with bg at 11 all night or have a wrotten hypo, what fun this is huh

Thankyou for all your help :)