Help with my cat!

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My cat is 5 years old, a house cat and incredibly timid and scared. She shows love and trust to me but no one else not even my husband.

We are moving house on wed so I've had to book her into the cattery as we will be without home for 5 hours on wed.

We have tried to lift her into the carrier but she is so terrified she is running and hiding and very distressed.

Now I'm in a state and have already taken a panic attack!

I really dont know what to do and my heart is breaking. Any advice please?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
https://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/moving-new-home-cat#1

Aaww, bless :cat:try to remain as calm as possible, as your cat will pick up on negative vibes, it's not the end of the world for your cat, they will adjust, but some will take a little while longer than other's.
Good luck and all the best with the move.
I hope the link helps :)

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you and that is very helpful. My problem is I cant get my hands on her to take her with us. It seems impossible.
https://pets.webmd.com/cats/guide/moving-new-home-cat#1

Aaww, bless :cat:try to remain as calm as possible, as your cat will pick up on negative vibes, it's not the end of the world for your cat, they will adjust, but some will take a little while longer than other's.
Good luck and all the best with the move.
I hope the link helps :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How did it go? Did you manage it?

I have seen very nervous cats caught in 2 ways.
By dropping a blanket over them and scooping them up in it. Also by chasing them into a cupboard, and reaching in.

One method carries a lot less risk of scratches!

Reactions: sjm1308

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had to close the door of the room she was in and chase her, in the end she gave up and let me pick her up. I think I was more traumatised than she was. Finding it tough to get her settled into the new house now though.
How did it go? Did you manage it?

I have seen very nervous cats caught in 2 ways.
By dropping a blanket over them and scooping them up in it. Also by chasing them into a cupboard, and reaching in.

One method carries a lot less risk of scratches!

Reactions: Brunneria