Help

eee123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For the last 3 months I have been doing an average of at least 30 minutes moderate exercise a day and cut down on my food. I have just started "couch to 5K" (in week two) and guess what - Blood Pressure up, Blood Sugars up (so insulin increased) hence Weight Up and Up. Has anyone else experienced such a depressing outcome and why shouldn't I just give up eating less and the exercise because I am getting more and more depressed?

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear. Perhaps you are eating more because you are hungry after exercising. I have heard that exercise doesn't always make you lose weight. Have you tried the low carb high fat diet? It might help you

dipsydo

Everyone tends to be different to their response to change in diet . My experience is that going onto a lowish carb ( no or very reduced potatoes/rice /pasta/wheat/ gains wholemeal or not, fruit restricted to berries and vegetables being above ground ).. not really high fat ( so olives / cream /butter rather than any low fat equivalents ) and moderate protein has resulted in me not feeling hungry. I have also upped my liquid ( mostly water!) in my diet as I had been a person who could go a whole day without drinking . I have lost about 3.5 stone and my exercise is just walking and some gentle cycling as recovering from hip operation.. It was not overnight but did see some results in a couple of weeks.
Also I can some times see increased blood sugars directly after my walks so what I find is that blood sugar is lower a couple hours after I have exercised rather than just at the end of the exercise.

Do not get depressed because if you are doing more exercise then there should be some good impact even if you cannot quite see it at this time

Reactions: Alison Campbell