Help

Nooch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since dislocating my nee two wks ago I have not done any of my balsal/ boulus or any testing just can’t get my head in to gear to any advice

leahkian

I am sorry to hear about your knee but you need to start doing you insulin and blood testing because you must not be as mobile as normal ans this will have a knock effect with your readings. There may be a need to in case your insulin if you are eating the carbs you would normally eat and the only way to see this is by checking your blood. If you are stressed this can also effect your sugar levels, i would get in contact with your team and tell them what has happened and ask for advice. Running BS to high for a long time can result in keytones which as you know is bad for you, it is now the time to start over again as you do not want your diabetic control to be bad as you recover from your dislocated knee.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If you are feeling low, you need to speak to your GP. It might be depression, for which treatment is possible. Take care.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi there @Nooch1
I've dislocated my knee 3 times. Hurts doesn't it?
Try to get back into it slowly. Set trargets to test and inject at least once a day then try to get back to a full set.
Burn out hits us all sometimes and we just need to try to get back on track.
Talk to your nurse as well as she might have tips or hints for you.

Reactions: Nooch1