Help!

Teddy pink

Have this strong desire to eat sugar and carbs with a hope it will make my bg run higher and help me lose weight.what do I do?sometimes I feel like skipping my meds too.see my other posts to know more about me.would love to chat with someone.i am really depressed.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @Teddy pink
You do know that not taking insulin and deliberately eating a lot of carbs to drop weight will harm you don’t you?
Being thin is not worth more than the rest of your life. Have you spoken to your DSN about these feelings? Are you acting on the thoughts or just thinking it?
Keep talking and sharing.

Teddy pink

Hi @Teddy pink
You do know that not taking insulin and deliberately eating a lot of carbs to drop weight will harm you don’t you?
Being thin is not worth more than the rest of your life. Have you spoken to your DSN about these feelings? Are you acting on the thoughts or just thinking it?
Keep talking and sharing.
Sometimes I do it.for instance I didn't take my meds today and I just dont know why.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Do you have a clear diagnosis of type? Have you spoken to your doctor about it? What happens to your sugars?

MollieB

Have this strong desire to eat sugar and carbs with a hope it will make my bg run higher and help me lose weight.what do I do?sometimes I feel like skipping my meds too.see my other posts to know more about me.would love to chat with someone.i am really depressed.
That is not a healthy way to loss weight. Poorly controlled diabetes will make you loose weight but has soon as you got your diabetes under control, it would almost certainly come back. You would have to be poorly controlled forever to keep it off and long term effects of that are not pleasant. Nerve pain, kidney damage (possible renal failure); damage to your vision, cardiovascular disease, and even impotency.

I personally did Weight Watchers at a fairly young age. I've managed to maintain pretty well for many years. It can be hard to loose weight with diabetes, particularly type 2. If you are type 2, you may see if you could get on a GLP-1 agonist. It could help with weight loss.