Help?

mark115_1

Hi All,

Am a type 2 diabetic on 2 metformin a day just woke up from a quick 1 hour nap being sick and feeling hot.
So I did a finger prick test to find out my reading was 13mmol my highest read so far for me, up to this point I had only had 1 metformin as I have one in the morning and 1 with tea.

1 hour later it's down to 10.3mmol after taking my tea time tablet not sure why its was so high to start with.

With it getting high for me its starting to scare me at what point would I need to call 111 and ask them for advice?
Thanks
Mark

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi All,

Am a type 2 diabetic on 2 metformin a day just woke up from a quick 1 hour nap being sick and feeling hot.
So I did a finger prick test to find out my reading was 13mmol my highest read so far for me, up to this point I had only had 1 metformin as I have one in the morning and 1 with tea.

1 hour later it's down to 10.3mmol after taking my tea time tablet not sure why its was so high to start with.

With it getting high for me its starting to scare me at what point would I need to call 111 and ask them for advice?
Thanks
Mark

It's difficult to give a precise answer. At diagnosis I was just over 30mmol and felt fine in most respects, but many people feel quite unwell in the low 20's.

But I would suggest that if you're spending a lot of time in the teens, it might be be worth a chat with the GP or diabetes nurse.

Reactions: mark115_1

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
What had you eaten before? Were you dehydrated? Are you eating low carb to help control your blood sugars?