Help!

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Bless M
here are a few references for your reading pleasure... Dr Jason Fung, Dr David Unwin, Dr Roy Taylor. look these 3 guys up on the internet they are everywhere and they all have results putting this disease into remission... question?? mail or text me
@Bless M I'd also add Dr Sarah Hallberg's TEDx talk:

Emmah47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all,

I’m newly diagnosed, maybe 3/4 months. Struggling isn’t even the word at this point. I’ve been very slack with my meds (metformin). Recently decided I really need to pack it in and change for the better but my GP is beyond useless. I don’t have much knowledge about this all. I also have health anxiety so me looking up online isn’t the best thing for me in case I come across something my mind will run with.

I’m really scared of having this and cry most days because I find it so hard.

I hope I can meet people like me and maybe get some advice. I’m only 29 and feel like it’s too much stress.

Thanks I’m advance :)
Hi. I'm a newbie too, and we sound like we're in the same boat. I also have horrible health anxiety, and it has caused me a severe mental health crisis. I'm sorry I don't have any words of comfort or advice. I don't know what I'm doing, and have just been told I have high cholesterol too. Talk about insult to injury! Good luck to you. I hope things will get better

Paul_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I'm a newbie too, and we sound like we're in the same boat. I also have horrible health anxiety, and it has caused me a severe mental health crisis. I'm sorry I don't have any words of comfort or advice. I don't know what I'm doing, and have just been told I have high cholesterol too. Talk about insult to injury! Good luck to you. I hope things will get better
Many of us have been in the same boat as you and @Bless M. I was diagnosed in July and the first couple of weeks were a whirlwind of fear, confusion, and numbers.....endless numbers.

I lurked here for 3-4 weeks, read through the forums, made some major changes to my diet and lifestyle based on the (what I know is now) amazing advice, and it's changed my life already.

It's difficult, but try to not panic and stress. This diagnosis doesn't have to be a death sentence, despite the best efforts of the NHS to make it feel like it for me. As you learn how to manage things, life becomes easier bit by bit, symptoms (if you have any) ease, and you start to see positive improvements. Don't see the numbers as good or bad, they're just information and you can then make informed choices based on them - that's the mindset I've tried to adopt.

Check out the Low Carb area on the forum (this is the diet I'm doing), loads of good info there. There's also a section for Low Calorie too, if low carb isn't an option for you. Don't be scared to ask any questions, you've found a resource here with so many helpful and amazing people!