Help

Balll01

My 10 yr old was diagnosed just over a month ago and I'm trying to figure out if she can have her novarapid as well as her lantus within a few minutes of each other. We are having a party tonight so she will be having some buffet food later around 8pm so I obviously need to give her novarapid but she normally has her lantus at 8pm every night. Can she have both at the same time? Can't get my head round this. Any help would greatfully appreciated.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome

It is a big thing to get your headaround isn't it? I know some people do take their slow acting with their quick acting and some people split theirs. I only take my Levemir just before I go to bed. Sorry I cant help very much,hopefully some parents will be along to help you out.

I hope you all have an enjoyable eveningtonight and I wish you a Happy New Year, all the best RRB.

leggott

yes she can. the lantus is the slow acting insulin used to deal with the glucose produced by the liver and is given usually once or twice a day , some take theirs at breakfast time so would be having that and their novorapid with their breakfast. The novo rapid is the quick acting insulin given when she eats. She may need more or less insulin at a meal this time of day, so it might be best to do a blood check 2 hours after to make sure she's not too high or low. I would also check at midnight (4 hours after ) as by that time pretty much most of the novorapid would have done It's thing. Enjoy your party and Happy New Year!