help

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hypo at 3.4 before bed and due to take 42 units of lantus. just had 2 bicis any advice please

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Hi Phil, I hope you are ok now, I wish I could help but there is plenty of professional help out there in the forum, good luck and stay calm :)

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope your feeling better. I'm in the same boat - went down to 2.7 last night and didn't realise until I felt really ill. I am in the process of having to reduce my insulin as I'm dieting/exercising a lot more. I also keep glucose tablets on hand now and take three whenever I'm under 4 - then I try and eat something.

Found this:

Hypos – what to do when they happen
  • STOP what you are doing – ignoring a hypo won't make it go away.
  • Tell people you are with what is happening.
  • Eat or drink something sugary, such as glucose tablets or a sugary drink, such as fruit juice or an ordinary (non-diet) fizzy drink. This will raise your blood glucose level – the following are good snacks to treat a mild hypo:
    • glucose tablets
    • cola or lemonade (not diet)
    • sweets; eg jelly babies.
  • Follow this with half a sandwich, or fruit, or biscuits, or a small bowl of cereal, or your next meal, if it is due, to make sure you don't have another hypo.
  • Exact amounts will vary depending on your age. Talk to your doctor or nurse.
  • Sit down and relax until you start to feel better.
  • If you are still not sure how you feel, do a blood test.

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks yes its down but its going to low now at times when will we ever win lol.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Phil - I think the answer to "when will we ever win" is never!

I had four hypos last week - so have been able to reduce my insulin down another 5 units on a morning and 5 units on a night :)

We will get there!!!!

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I bloody hope so hope you are feeling better now and well done on reducing your insulin hope the do that next week for me I have spoken to them on phone but they where thinking of putting it up to 7 units to 10n carbs asked if I was type 1 and they said no just very insulin resistant. asked if I needed to lose some moor of my weight and they said no. so where do I go from here. bloods are down to on a good day to 5-7 bad day 15-20
so think we just have to keep going.