Heptologist visit

Tony1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi just asking for any info. I am type 2 44 year old male And have been having pain in stomach an back. Originally docs thought could be pancreatitis due to a few years of Victoza use. But now i have been told my blood tests show raised levels for my Liver. Had a scan and docs said they want a second opinion, so are sending me to see a heptologist. So alarms are going off and absolutely petrified. Also have Diastasis recti (tear in my abs) .
Any advice

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Firstly, don't panic! The liver is a remarkable organ and can regenerate and recover very well and very quickly,so hopefully whatever it is will be easily treatable.

The one thing the liver can't recover from is alcoholic (and a few other poisons) liver damage; when it has passed a certain stage; it is irreversible. Most other things will recover with time and the correct treatment.

In the meantime, help your liver; no alcohol etc, google liver damage and see what all to avoid to give your a kick start. It may be that there is nothing, or very little, wrong. Hope that is the case.

Good luck.

Tony1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Arab Horse thanks for that. I don't drink Alcohol never had. It's hard not to worry. I always panic with my health. I am A Paramedic and i make the worse patient lol.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a biochemist (or was, now retired but I miss it) and I make a great patient!!!! On one of my visits to the diabetic nurse when I got my lab printout I asked her why the lab had put the comment "Speak to Mr *** about this" next to a result She said "I put that on as I don't know what it means but I forgot to ring , you can tell me what it means" so I did.

In the interim before you see the liver man don't go high fat as the liver has to work harder, have a healthy diet with lots of veg, and fruit if you can eat it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi just asking for any info. I am type 2 44 year old male And have been having pain in stomach an back. Originally docs thought could be pancreatitis due to a few years of Victoza use. But now i have been told my blood tests show raised levels for my Liver. Had a scan and docs said they want a second opinion, so are sending me to see a heptologist. So alarms are going off and absolutely petrified. Also have Diastasis recti (tear in my abs) .
Any advice

Hi there Tony. I'm sorry you're having some issues.

When you say your levels for your liver were raised, do you know which ones? The reason I ask is quite a lot of folks diagnosed with T2 also present with non-alcoholic fatty liver. That can often be reversed.

The good news is that your GP is being cautious and having you checked out by an expert I his field.

Fingers crossed for you.

Tony1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi.
Yes my Gamma GT was 265. And Apparently its supposed to be 55 or lower. The others were not to bad Apparently.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gamma GT is very sensitive, it is good that the other enzymes weren't high; sounds like nothing too bad and GGT can come down quite quickly with diet and exercise.

I am sure once you see the liver man and follow his advice you will soon see a difference.

Reactions: sunspots