Here we are again.

tim32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I can’t remember the time scale, but I was once a type 2 in remission, I lost 3 stone in weight and became a pre diabetic, However life likes to throw mud and has been rather stressful for the last 26 months, I finally did a BG test yesterday with a result of 16.9 m/mol. I was aware that my blood sugar was rising, my last Hba1c told me so, but with work commitments and illness I’m 3 months overdue for my next test. So time to start again, please wish me luck. Thanks.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I can’t remember the time scale, but I was once a type 2 in remission, I lost 3 stone in weight and became a pre diabetic, However life likes to throw mud and has been rather stressful for the last 26 months, I finally did a BG test yesterday with a result of 16.9 m/mol. I was aware that my blood sugar was rising, my last Hba1c told me so, but with work commitments and illness I’m 3 months overdue for my next test. So time to start again, please wish me luck. Thanks.
I do wish you luck, @tim32 .
Do you have an action plan?

Reactions: tim32

T2#Me

Best of luck, you can do it!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best of luck with getting back on track. As a caution for those who might end up in the same situation (I am in remission and have lost 3 stone) what would you say caused your "downfall". I realize stress might be the root cause but did you just give up low carb or was it gradual carb creep or what?

tim32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best of luck with getting back on track. As a caution for those who might end up in the same situation (I am in remission and have lost 3 stone) what would you say caused your "downfall". I realize stress might be the root cause but did you just give up low carb or was it gradual carb creep or what?

It was a bit of carb creep to start followed by a family bereavement, When I first started my downfall I was getting away with it, the more I got away with it, the more I pushed it, then stopped checking my BG And here I am,

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lesson learned. Well done for getting back on track. You've done it before, you can do it again.

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It can’t be done... cocker spaniels are programmed to always want more.

Seriously I had a similar experience. Don’t underestimate the influence of stress both on your cortisol and your behaviour.

tim32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It can’t be done... cocker spaniels are programmed to always want more.

Seriously I had a similar experience. Don’t underestimate the influence of stress both on your cortisol and your behaviour.

The Spaniel is knackered, 8 hours in the field, BG down 2 points. Thanks for your support.