Hey there

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Hair, Dogs, Spiders, Rain & Ignorant people!
Hi I'm Jess I've been diabetic since I was 5 and am now at the seemingly old age of 24! :wink:

I'm having problems with my diabetes at the moment so thought that I'd check out the forum to try and understand why this may be happening, and maybe get some help of fellow diabetics!!!!

I eat healthy, exercise and am under the impression that i'm giving myself the correct dosage but found myself with sugar levels of 30.1 and 33.4 last night.... I'm Type 1, inject 4 times a day (1 x lantus & 3 x novorapid)It's really getting me down and i HATE injecting! Boooo!!

Arrrhhhh STRESSSSSSS!!!!!!! :roll:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Jess.
Welcome to the forum.

Have a good look around and if you have specific questions ask away. We have a separate Type 1 section which might interest you.

Not a T1 myself but you really need to attack those Bg numbers. I would imagine with some tweaking of both your diet and your Insulin doseage with the help and advice from people on here we will soon get you on track. I hope a T1 who can help more will be along soon.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya jess and welcome, with numbers like that i would think your insulin needs tweeking,
what kind of things do u eat and what do u inject for it? what are sugars before and 2 hrs after meals?
hope we can help :D

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
usually I'll have jacket potato and chicken or fish with salad or a pasta dish, I'm giving myself 2 units for every 10g's of carbs on my lunch and dinner and 1 unit for every 10g on my breakfast.

my sugar levels have always tended to run between 8-15 but this is becoming a joke now and I'm constantly tired and grouchy! Not much fun to be around lol :oops:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
pinkjinks
you are very young( note my sig, I'm a granny!)
It's in your interest to get your blood glucose down into the non-diabetic range. It will reduce the risks of complications if you can. And yes it IS possible!
I recommend you read Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. Since it's fairly expensive, ask your local library to get it for you.
Hana

pinkjinks58

Dislikes
Thanks people I'm starting to feel better already, I've never really spoke to anyone about it before! It can be a lonely world out there! I'm glad I've joined this forum! :D

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya jess, try cutting down on the carbs and that really will help, you also need to make sure your basal is the right dose by fasting and seeing what bloods are then,
stick around and we will try help u :D