Hi All!

Bazooka66

Just joined the forum,

a brief intro - Im a chap of 44, have had type 2 for about 5 years (officially) & its taken that long for me to realise Ive got to overhaul my lifestyle.

Im on metformin & simvastatin, although have rarely stuck to the medicine :oops: - I fully intend to go for it now - there seems to be so much conflicting advice about food & drink etc. But looking at this site I may just have found a valuable resource & hopefully a bit of support.

Baz

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya baz and a warm welcome to the forum,
hope we can be of some help :D
amanda

dragongirl

It's never too late to start taking charge - unless a limb has been amputated, I suppose, and even then, you could save the next one :lol: Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life (yeah, I know, it's trite - but it's also true). Good luck, and yes, you'll get any support you want here. It's done me fine over the last 8 months.
So welcome!
DG

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Baz and welcome to the forum. :D

Sometimes it takes a while to get your head round even getting a diagnosis never mind all the contradictory advice given out. Now that you have found your way to this forum you will find that there are very different ideas of how to deal with diabetes. Explore and see!

Do you self test and if so what are your BG levels?

Bazooka66

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Just reading through the topics it looks like I will defo be on here regular & reading about other peoples situations makes me think Ive been lucky & should make the most of the situation.

After 25 years of eating & boozing I know its going to be a bit of a lifestyle change. I did try Low GI foods for about 3 months a couple of years ago & all my figures improved at the GPs. My problem was/is I felt I could relax & have a bit of comfort eating/drinking.

I have been on metformin for a few years but not taken it as I should have due to upset stomaches (thats mainly due to the foods/drink I was having in combination with it). I now know its a bit dangerous to drink alcohol with these drugs so all my artificial stress relief has gone! :(

Ive never had my own tester- Docs have never adviced me to, when Ive done one of those fasting blood tests Im usually 8? or 9? if ive tried to con them! Sorry if I sound a right ignoramus- through fear(my father died of complications through adult onset although in his 80's) & laziness did not want to find out. I may invest in a tester to see what affects me. Any advice as to what I should get?

Anyway hopefully I will be up to speed with regards to the figures & be able to make contributions myself in the future.

Thanks again to you all

Baz

PS I must be serious as Im just off to put my Homebrew equipment on EBay!