Hi all

sharon2806

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all thanks for adding me just née advice about food what I should eat what not to eat the amount and how many carbs aday I should be having

Reactions: MissMuffett

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all thanks for adding me just née advice about food what I should eat what not to eat the amount and how many carbs aday I should be having
Hi @sharon2806 ,
Welcome to the forum! It's a bit of a tricky question, as your profile says you're on insulin... Personally I take the low carb approach, which has helped me ditch the meds i was on, but with insulin, there is a high chance you'll hypo on a low carb diet. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html is pretty much what I tend to do, but that's me... I don't know whether you're on a fixed dose or carb count to know how much to inject, but please, test your heart out (or get a CGM for a while), and be very careful when cutting carbs, if you choose to go that route. Maybe start slow rather than making rigourous changes, and adjust doses accordingly?

Any specific questions, hollar, there's always someone here with answers!
Jo

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

sharon2806

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 2 on humulin I 8 units aday with my main meal. I'm doing about 60 to 80gms of carbs a day I just seem to be runny out of energy with my work I've lost nearly a stone in weight in 6 weeks I'm now getting to the point where I'm getting weak nothing seems to be giving me any energy after eating