Hi all.

Sweetie2

Dislikes
The other illness i have to deal with as well as the Diabetes.
Hi everyone i'm new to this forum, :D I am type 2 Diabetic, I was diagnosed 7 years ago and have been treated with tablets unfortunately they are not working for me now so i have just been given Insulin so i am new to it and would like to find out more about it. I now experience Hypos as i never did before, :shock: i suppose it will be ok once my levels are more settled :) xx

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum ,Sweetie.Please have a good read round the forum and ask us questions if you want.

Sweetie2

Dislikes
The other illness i have to deal with as well as the Diabetes.
Hi Becca, nice to speak to you, you said you were only diagnosed yesturday did that come as a shock to you? or did you have an idea? I can remember having alsorts of questions, i feel like that now because things are different now that i just started using Insulin with 2 metformin, so i feel like i did when i first found out!

CalicoBec

It's really weird because for years i've had tests for it and they have always come up neg, but this time I knew something was wrong with me because I kept falling asleep. Even so though, I was still shocked to a degree when it was actually confirmed, which I don't understand because I thought I was expecting it lol My doctor was really good and he has told me what he feels I need to know, he said he didn't want to scare me or overload me with things that I can learn after the shock has worn off, but he also answered any questions I or my partner asked. I do feel a bit like i'm trying to stay afloat in deep water at the moment, as I think you do with your recent change to having to use insulin, but I honestly feel that given time things will be ok :) Espcially now we have this forum lol It really feels good to speak to others who have the same problem, because I don't know anyone in 'real life' who has it!