Hi Everyone

chappo25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I am Paul aged 57. I have been diagnosed with Type 2 for about five years now. Dont know where they have gone to but just seemed to have flown by. Currently taking the dreaded Metformin (2x500mg 3 times a day) this suplimented by my Asprin, Statin and Sitagliptin tablets. It may sound a lot but its not too bad. Metformin gave me the runs in the early days, glad they are over.
Statins gave me the aching legs, even now on the odd day i get them. The other meds are to try to stop me from having another TIA attack. But that was only a mild one, a bit of a kick up the backside attack to make me look at my lifestyle. My sexlife is not that good, almost non existant, but I have the best and most understanding wife a man could ask for. Sometimes you just want to bottle it all up and hope it will go away. All I can say is that it is a marathon, not a sprint.
If your readings are not what they should be today, or tommorow, then ok. Just look at getting them into better shape in the future.
Some people tell me that they have the odd piece of chocolate (or full bar), but if that is once every so often then as long as you know about it and adjust yourself for the future. No sweets for a while, good excercise, good food. Dont let it get you down, I have said that I wont beat Diabetes, but i WILL NOT let it beat me.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
5 Years ? You first posted here 7 years and 11 weeks ago - but who's counting. Welcome back!

Glad you're maintaining a positive attitude. I noticed that you've mentioned a non existant sex life and an uderstanding wife, have you spoken to your doc about this? Obviously I don't know what the reasons are but you can get help if it's bothering you.

Reactions: Liam1955

chappo25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Seven years, where does the time go... Days just blend into each other so quickly.
Thanks to urbanracer for reminding me.
Doctor is aware of my lack of sex life, just prescribed more tablets, I want to try to avoid taking any more.