hi i have type1

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Hi Chlo,

Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying having diabetes. I hate to say it but I don't think anybody really enjoys the constant testing and needles. It is hard, and I imagine you can still remember the time that you could eat what you wanted, when you wanted, without a second thought. I am sure that you worry your parents a bit and that probably feels a bit strange to you also. My son is now 2 and a half and had diabetes since he was 8 months old.

I gather you have been looking after yourself for a little while now but maybe you could ask your parents to take over again if it is getting a bit much. I hope you are not having trouble at school.

Try to look at your diabetes as just another part of your life. If you look after it you'll find it will look after you.

If you need to let everyone here know exactly what you hate the most you might get some help to make it a bit easier. There is also a Youth Section of this forum where you can meet other kids your age who are going through exactly the same things.

Jen (with a big hug)

sandymaynard

Hi chlo,
I am so sorry that you have this! How about asking your parents to take over for a little while?
It must be a strain for you! You are very brave! Most children cannot express their feelings at your age! It is good that you can express how you feel! If you ever need to vent some of your feelings in a safe enviroment then this is the best place to do this!
There is always someone around to answer any questions or just to talk or offer support to you!
It is sometimes easier to talk to someone here than to a family member! As everyone here has the same thing we all have diabeties in one way or another!
that is why this is a good forum! If you need to vent some feelings, then go for it! We are here to listen
Bless you
Sandy

martinsoton

Hey bud

I know how you feel. Somtimes it does get to you, i know its hard. Im type 1 my self.

The people on this forum are really great and will support you when you feel down, and help keep you going, feel free to use us any time!!

good luck mate

chris1977

Hi Chlo

I'm sorry you're feeling this way at such a young age, I know how I felt when I was 11 years old and diagnosed with type 1. I too thought it was the most horrible thing in the world to have.

Hang on in there, you'll be ok but will have many ups and downs through the years just as I've had. And still having them if you look at my opening post.

You'll have many good years ahead of you.

Chris

:)