1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

hi I would like to make some diabetic friends

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by jayne15, Feb 22, 2013.

1. IceGirl

IceGirl · Member

Hiya Im 12 i would really like to make some diabetic friends as i have no friends who are diabetic like me so i would like to be your friend:smile:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. Just Laura

Just Laura · Well-Known Member

Hello Megan & co...

Really happy to hear your trip to Egypt went well and that you did some amazing things. As if any of us are ever going to let silly diabetes get in our way!!

We had planned to go somewhere sunny and hot but it's Butlins for us this year... :|

Not because of diabetes but because of a new baby on board :)

3. Just Laura

Just Laura · Well-Known Member

Oh, the whole point of me writing the previous post was to say that we're going on the Diabetes weekend at the end of April, in Winchester.

Thought it would be good for Tamsin to spend some time with other people around her age in the same boat.

x

4. CambridgeLass

CambridgeLass · Well-Known Member

Hi Megan. Great that you had such a wonderful holiday!! Yes, I would recommend a camp. We just came back from one over Easter, similar to the family camp Laura referred to. Ariyana made lots of friends and had a fab time. It made a huge difference & I learnt lots too! x

5. Meganbd

Meganbd · Member

Hi Megan I am also called Megan and I'm 11 years old and I am looking for girls of a similar age to chat to I'm also Coeliac as well..speak soon

6. konglong

konglong · Newbie

7. Erinmcdonagh

Erinmcdonagh · Active Member

Hey Megan I'm 9 I am type one and not on the pump yet my frend Millie is a diabetic but she is not really that fun. I love this app cuzz I can feel like I can to people that have what I have

8. matthew2909

matthew2909 Type 1 · Newbie

hi i am matthew i am 11 years old and i have type 1 can i be your friend

9. Erinmcdonagh

Erinmcdonagh · Active Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook