Hi, I'm New and would really appreciate some help.

dolphin_1992

Hi, my name is Nikki and I am 19. Could really use some help in relation diabetes.
Sorry, I realise I didn't leave a lot o information.
Basically diabetes in my family is quite common, the closest being my father. I would like to know roughly what my chances are of inheriting it.
Also at the moment, I am finding that I am needing to drink all of the time and needing to go to the toilet a lot more than usual.
I looked that up and read that the 3 most common signs were drinking more, going to the toilet more, and an increase in your appetite. My appetite has actually got worse in the fact that I am literally struggling to eat.
Knowing that diabetes runs in my family makes it even worse.
Please someone help me

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Nikki and welcome to the forum :) In view of your symptoms and family history you should go to your GP and get some tests done which will set your mind at rest one way or the other. If you do turn out to be diabetic then come back here and we will all help you get started on managing your diabetes.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I second that advice see the doc it's not a painful test & worrying if you have diabetes is actually worse (in my opinion) than actually having it!

Ricey

I'd say go to the doctors as well if you haven't already. Although, drinking and going to the toliet were my main symptoms, I did lose my appetite slighty as well.