Hi I'm new here

Carleyjo

Hi I'm new to the forum.
I was diagnosed type 2 in 2002 and started on Metformin. Within 4 years I was on insulin. Today I take 2000mg Metformin a day and inject 4 times a day.

The reason I am joining the forum is because I am so fed with this disease and I have recently read the book about reversing diabetes through diet by Dr Neal Barnard and I was wondering if anyone had tried it out.

I realise that after so many years on medication a complete reversal is unlikely but any improvement would be great as I haven't been managing so well recently and there doesn't seem to be much support out there.

Any comments or opinions about this diet (low fat vegan) would be really welcome. If people are interested I could write a blog or post how I'm doing - unless perhaps someone has already done this?

Many thanks
Carleyjo

Unbeliever

Sorry don't know anything about this diet carley/jo but am interested in what you say about not doing so well on insulin,
I resisted all atempts to put me on insulin but have wondered wheher I was righ. I have managed to reduce my levels wihout it but I do take medication which may be harmful in the long term
I have always understoof hat insulin may be inconvenient but always works. My DSN told nme there was no downside to it and everyone felt much beer when taking it.

I don' want to hi-jack your hread but would be interested to hear about your experiebces wih insulin at some stage thanks.

Carleyjo

Hi Unbeleiver

Thanks for your reply. There's actually some interesting information and comments made by people who have found this diet really works for them on the diabetes.co.uk website. If you click the food and recipes tab and the look for the vegan diet tab you'll find it. I'm not sure if you can click on this link but it's here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diet/vegan-diet.html.

I'm going to seach the threads elsewhere to see if there is anything or I may start a new thread to post how I get on.

Thanks again for your interest.