Hi... Long time, no see.

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a flying visit from me. I'm looking for a recommendation... Me and my girl have been diagnosed for almost 6 years now. Jeez! Everything's going pretty swimmingly in terms of the emo pancreases at least. My girl is 16 now and has decided she wants to use the freestyle libre... She's always managed her own care so I've not had anything to do with this but she's not had the foresight to ask for or obtain anything to help ease the pain of removing the silly sensors. SO!! Adhesive remover recommendations please.

Hi to anyone who remembers me

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Pelican release and remover non-sting aerosol is good. Have heard others say they use baby oil, or soak in the bath.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any body oil, worked slowly into the edges. Mine stick like limpets! Takes a good 5 minutes to eventually slide off.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I do not waste money on anything that unnecessarily adds to land fill.
Has your girl tried slowly removing the sensor in the shower.
Get it very very wet, start to peel off the backing a little bit, let the water permeate the glue where it has started to peel and then slowly remove it.
I may get a small black ring which comes off with shower gel and a gentle pumice (some people use baby oil) but no other problem removing it and no reaction to my skin. And saves money. And reduces rubbish.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Here is a youtube video on how to painlessly remove a sensor.

Reactions: McHelen

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @mahola ,
Of course I remember... :)

Great to hear from you.

How have you both been keeping?

No help to you on the Libre removal I'm afraid. I just tear mine off. Prior to a shower then flannel off any scud mark round the edge & replace on the alternate arm when dried after the wash..

Good memory & a high pain threshold. ;)

Reactions: JohnEGreen