Hi - new to posting not to site or forum

mariefrance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone
This is my first post although I registered as a member of the forum in August 2017 when I was first diagnosed with Type II diabetes. On diagnosis my hba1c was 106 and at my first follow-up test 4 months later my hba1c was 35 and it has remained at 35 or 36 ever since.

This site and particularly the forums and the contributions of the members taking the time to post their experiences have been invaluable to me right from the start. So, a big and heartfelt thanks to all of you.

I've decided to jump in and start posting now as I feel I'm at risk of drifting off my LCHF path and posting is one of the ways of keeping myself accountable, I hope my experience so far will be useful to others, and I've got lots to learn so want to be able to post questions!

First question - does anyone know how I get the _ off the end of my user name.

Btw, I'm not French, I'm from the UK - just to put it out there!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome.. I’ll tag in @DCUKMod who is the font of all knowledge for your name amendment.

mariefrance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, that's great - not that I'm obsessive or anything but it was really irritating me.....

Reactions: Goonergal

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome. I think regular posting is a great way of keeping on track. I also think sharing g your story can be helpful to others. We are in this club which no-one voluntarily joins but which a surprising number fin ds improves their life. I think sharing our successes and our struggles can be a great way to help ourselves and others.

Looking forward to more posts.

Reactions: mojo37

cpraj

That is brilliant results. Keep up the good work.

I was diagnosed T2 in june 2019 with hba1c of 8.6(71mmol/lit).

Since then i have given up all the ice-creams, choclates, snacking of bag of popcorn aftermeals, soft drinks and have reduced my carb intake, and have started walking 20min after lunch.

Hope the hba1c will reduce this time.

Reactions: catinahat

mariefrance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone - sorry for the late response (a combination of being away for a few days and being new to posting) just wanted to say thanks for the welcome xx.